The DLSA, Uttar Dinajpur expounds development of love for socio- legal activities, which can be abbreviated as DLSA in equanimity, with the objective and principle of District Legal Services Authority.
“ No man is an island, no man stands alone,” in parity with the same the DLSA as unit is a symbolic participation of each and every Judicial Officer in the District, staff of District Administration irrespective of being attached to the Court- or the Office of DLSA, lawyers, Members of District and Police Administration, who in individual capacity had participated in the activities of DLSA throughout the year, with immensurable vigour without any qualms transgressing all differences of opinion. The DLSA, U/D under the aegis of SLSA, West Bengal hosted the first National Lok Adalat on 23/11/2013 in a spectacular manner instilling the interest of the retreating lawyers magnetically to partake active roll in the said Lok Adalat culminating the same into a grand success.
The second storied ADR building was constructed with a lot of zeal and fervour with the assistance of PWD officials within a phenomenal time period of five months and the same was inaugurated by Hon’ble Justice Ashim Kumar Banerjee on 12.04.2014.
Regular meetings were held with the District Administration and Police Administration and other members of the quorum seeking their active participation which was accomplished on various occasions.
We have roped in renowned and creditable NGOs, namely CARITAS, CINI, SMOKUS, St. John Ambulance Association and Red Cross Society and are organizing Legal Awareness camps with their aid and assistance in each of the respective field of expertise, namely child welfare, anti-trafficking and other several issues.
Events organised at Raiganj for the first time
• Human Rights Day celebration,
• Legal Awareness Camp
• Fairs (Uttar Banga Utsav, District Book fair, Grameen Mela, Sabala Mela, Kanyashree Mela, Adibashi Mela).
• Children’s Day Celebration,
• Women’s Day Celebration ( In presence of the District Magistrate, Superintendent of Police and others)
• Formation of Senior Citizens Club.
• Seminar and training programmes on JJ Act and POCSO Act with the Police Administration.
• Anti-ragging campaign at colleges.
• Screening of the flim “Utho Go Bharata Laxmi” at various places including our stalls at various fairs.
• Celebration of World Social Justice Day
• Celebration of Tree Plantation Week.
A large number of books were distributed with the collection of signature, which prompted the B.D.Os of the District to ask for the books offering their assistance on their own to circulate the same amongst the inhabitants.
The DLSA, Uttar Dinajpur has pointed out the recent amendments to be incorporated in MGNREGA Scheme. The B.D.Os have requested us to supply them the books to circulate the same amongst the local under their jurisdiction to spread awareness.
Setting up of Village Legal Care & Support Centre Seven new centres have been allotted to us at Government level for setting up of Village Legal Care & Support Centres, three of which have been inaugurated by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Ashim Kumar Banerjee of High Court at Calcutta on 12/04/2014. The District Administration has promised to provide us with further accommodation to set up such centres, which we will venture after recruitment of fresh PLVs.
Holding Legal Awareness Camps The DLSA, Uttar Dinajpur has organised many Legal Awareness Camps at schools, colleges and in the villages. The details of which are given below:-
1. Islampur State Farm Colony High School
2. Sri Sri Ramkrishna Vidyapith
4. Rampur G.P. II
5. Laxmaniya Junior High School
6. Laxmaniya Bangla Junior School
7. Bindole High Madrasha
8. Basian Junior High School
9. Bhagilata High School and Bhagilata High Madrasha
10. Mohanbati Parbati Debi Balika Vidyalaya
11. Dalimgaon Village
12. Radhikapur G.P.
14. Bindole Hat Khola
16. Bhatole G.P
19. Village Laxmaniya
20. Aga Bahar and Picha Bahar
22. Bhagilata Hat
23. Raiganj Private Bus Stand
24. Rampur G.P
25. Kaliyaganj Malagaon
26. Bindole Hat Khola Football Ground
27. Rampur G.P I
28. Malgaon G.P-I
29. Carpet Factory at Kaliyaganj Block
30. Antara Gram
33. Raiganj Anath Ashram
35. Mohipur G.P
38. District Correctional Home
39. Sub-Divisional Correctional Home
42. Sukla Adarsha Sishu Kendra, Dalimgaon
43. Dhankoil G.P
44. Bangalbari Panchayet
45. Training Extension Centre, Raiganj
46. Mohonbati High School
47. Karnajora High School
48. Coronation High School
49. Kaliyaganj College
50. Surendranath College
51. Raiganj Girls’ School
52. Maharaja High School
53. Raiganj University College
54. Itahar College
58. Sherpur G.P no. 5
59. Balaigaon Mission
60. Baliya MSK
61. Uttar Pariharpur
62. Dakshin Pariharpur
63. Subhashganj High School
The Hon’ble Executive Chairman, SLSA, West Bengal has also been pleased to appreciate the documentaries relating to legal services programmes in this district, conveyed to us by the Ld. Member Secretary, SLSA, West Bengal by his letter no. 379/SLSA-63/99 dated 18.02.2014.